Summer has come, and nothing beats the heat as a cold dessert does. In the Philippines, virtually all of the Filipinos desire for the sweetness and uniqueness of a cold Halo – Halo, especially on a summer. They are made to relieve stress from an entire scorching day completely. Available anywhere in the Philippines, this dessert has been popular not only to the Filipinos but also to other foreign tourists. So if you’re thinking to take a trip around the country, here are the best Halo-Halo recipes from all over the Philippines:
1. PAGSANJAN, LAGUNA: Aling Taleng’s Halo- Halo – Established since 1933 in a residential area near the town church and plaza of Pagsanjan, Laguna, Aling Taleng’s Halo-Halo is one of the best-serving Halo-Halo in the Philippines. Instead of using ice cream of leche flan at the top, they use candied “kundol” which made it unique and tasty.
2. SAN FERNANDO, LA UNION: Halo-Halo de Iloko – Another Halo – Halo store located in a residential area in the La Union, this serves as one of the best Halo-Halo in the city. It has all standard halo-halo ingredients. What makes it everyone’s favorite is the mountain rice that makes it very delicious when mixed.
3. CALBAYOG, SAMAR: New Rebelito’s Refreshment – Established since the early 1950’s, Halo-Halo has been a part of everyone’s childhood. Their version is the Halo-Halo with pineapple that adds a strong taste.
4. PAMPANGA: Razon’s of Guagua – At a glance, their product seems to be so plain and bland, but it is really packed with flavors. Shredded macapuno and leche flan with dayap rind make it different from other versions of Halo-Halo.
5. JOLO, SULU: Planet Pluto Snack House and Restaurant – The restaurant’s halo-halo serving is just like any other of the dessert deals, but what made it unique and one of the bests is that it offers quick sugar fix.
Over time, the common pinoy panghimagas has been available throughout the country. Those mentioned above are just some of the bests, but worry not, wherever you go you’ll always find the best and always affordable Halo-Halo in town. Simplicity at its finest, one can find happiness just by having refreshment in a cold glass.