Being one of the nearest provinces in Metro Manila, Bulacan boasts of its rich history and its significant role during the war and early times in the Philippines. Today the province displays a story that tells more than a million words could do and the only way to understand them, is for you to stopover. To give you a peek, here are some spots in Bulacan that you should not miss when visiting the place.
1. Meyto Shrine – An important part of the Philippine History, this shrine has been the place where the first Catholic Mass was held upon the arrival of the Augustinian friars way back 1572.
2. Enriquez Ancestral House – One of the ancestral houses found in San Jose Bulacan, this structure contains important documents of one of the country’s heroes, Marcelo H. del Pilar. This museum also became the home of rare antiques and historical valuables.
3. Bulacan Museum – If you are an old-soul searching for stories in between war and peace, this can be a good place for you to visit. Contained in this museum are some articles, documents, handicrafts, and tools during the Philippine revolution.
4. Casa Real Shrine – During the Malolos Republic, this place served as a printing press and was converted into a municipal library in 1852. Now, under the management of National Historical Institute, this has been a museum that displays extraordinary relics.
5. Tecson House – According to historical records, this structure was a former headquarters of General Emilio Aguinaldo and the three sons owning this house were former officer who served in Aguinaldo’s evolutionary army.
6. Kakarong de Sili Shrine – This nostalgic site gives mark to the place where the Bulacan revolution took place and lost over 3000 lives of Katipuneros.
7. Old Train Station – By the name it bears, it was the first train station in the province and was claimed to be the most acclaimed historical landmark and heritage site.
8. Panagrealan Cave – With caverns extending more than a kilometer deep, this cave was used by Katipunero Revolutionaries during the war against Spain as well as the Filipino-American war.